Vencore ICOFT JAVA Software Engineer in Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
This is supporting the Software Engineering Directorate (SED) in continuation of the Institutional Conduct of Fire Trainer (ICOFT) sustainment and development of the Radar Training Device (RTD).A Java Software Engineer is needed to support the ongoing effort to maintain the software.
The ICOFT provides realistic institutional training in all areas of the THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Fire Control and Communication (TFCC), Radar, and Launcher components. The ICOFT replicates the tactical system environment and supports training of the TFCC, Radar, and Launcher tactical software. Within the training environment, the ICOFT inserts faults and captures, records, grades, and plays back student input. There are four labs that comprise an ICOFT: TSOT Lab, TFCC PTT Lab, TLOTS Lab, and Radar Lab.
The RTD provides realistic training in THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations, emplacement, and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Radar and includes an Antenna Equipment Unit (AEU), a Cooling Equipment Unit (CEU), and an Electronic Equipment Unit (EEU). The RTD replicates the THAAD Radar to the extent necessary to support the training of the THAAD Interactive Electronic Training Manual (IETM) instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform software life cycle sustainment to existing software systems in a closed network environment.
- Knowledge of computing systems and software structures
- Apply, design and implement system security and data assurance protocols
- Work with peers to assure that expectations are being met
- Participate in the unit and integration testing process
- Education and Experience: BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related Engineering field with 5-10 years Java experience.
- Proficient in Java and Spring framework
- Proficient using Eclipse and NetBeans IDE
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with software/hardware interfaces
Strong analytical and problem solving abilities Desired Skills:
Experience with messaging using TCP/IPExperience using LINUX operating system
Job ID 2018-50313
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time