Tyonek Native Corporation Program Manager - Fiber Optics in Madison, Alabama
Must be knowledgeable of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Department of Defense (DoD) regulations, requirements, policies/procedures, cost/scheduling estimating, systems disciplines and engineering specifications
- Must be knowledgeable of overall organization, direction and requirements of the contract efforts.
- Experience in interfacing directly with the government designated representatives and supervising various task order activities is also required.
- Experience with assessment, design, or implementation of data voice, and video networks utilizing fiber optic, copper, or wireless communications systems.
- Provides supervision/management of the activities and staff of an engineering program.
- Responsible for overall program performance within budgetary and schedule guidelines for all contracts.
- Identifies and recommends objectives and scope of technical projects and communicates goals, scope, approach and schedules to assigned personnel.
- Coordinates the efforts of the functional departments, as required, to ensure that the programs are conducted in accordance with the requirements of sales orders and budgets. Interfaces with customers on schedules, meetings, and problems. Keeps the customer informed on the program status.
- Establishes budgets and forecasts manpower.
- Considerable flexibility of methods required to meet program goals.
- Understanding interdepartmental functions is essential to ensure that program schedules and objectives are met.
- Originality and initiative are important as well as the ability to work under unusual or extreme pressures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in technical area of academic study from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years' experience related to aerospace, aviation, fiber optics, military engineering/manufacturing and military avionics.
- At least 5 years' experience interpreting contract actions, modifications and resolving complex programmatic issues related to SOW.
- Strong Knowledge with assessment, design, or implementation of data voice, and video networks utilizing fiber optic, copper, or wireless communications systems.
- Strong knowledge of military requirements/standards and wire harness processes including fiber optics.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing BOM development.
- Education and experience in one or more of the following areas of specialization: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Industrial and Fiber optics
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on leavel and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp, or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee, and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to life up to 35 lbs and carry for short distances.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- Normally works in an office setting with controlled temperature. Some field and outdoor assignments may also be required.
**EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA**
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Start/End Date: 21-Feb-2018 to 22-Apr-2018 (CST)
Department: TMG - MAD
Location: Madison, AL, USA
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full Time