Tyonek Native Corporation Machine Shop Supervisor in Madison, Alabama
The machine shop supervisor will provide a structured environment that enables Machine Shop employees to produce high quality goods.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining production methods, operation sequences and processes. In addition, is required to use lead personnel to supervise an entire department to ensure proper time charging, maintaining proper certification levels and training of employees to achieve full capability in the specific job area.
- Develop improved processes and equipment to enhance production and/or overall department capability.
- Drive processes to handle increased workloads or improved product quality.
- Measure productivity of personnel and equipment.
- Create Work Instructions as follows: reflect drawing and specification requirements in final product configuration, guarantee proper induction of good material to the operation, and insure step-by-step sequence of operations to achieve final product by appropriate/anticipated personnel skill level.
- Ensure proper tooling configuration and supply.
- Maintain equipment to satisfactory state of readiness for production.
- Train employees for certification at specific work stations.
- Supervise lead personnel and assist in department personnel development.
- Work effectively in coordinating department activities with associated groups.
- Provide labor estimates and process development requirements (i.e., tooling, first piece labor, production line setup) inputs for proposal preparation
- Schedule shop activities to ensure efficient cost effective performance.
- Ensure compliance to established standards and company policy.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Ten (10) or more years' experience in the machining field.
- 5 years of machine shop management.
- Must be able to develop, track, and present performance metrics.
- Working knowledge of sheet metal processing.
- Must be a positive leader that has the ability to reward and discipline employees as required.
- Ability to program using Gibbs cam or Surfcam a plus.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office software.
- Understanding of Lean and 5S concepts a plus.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see or read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, fork lift, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
- TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Start/End Date: 27-Feb-2018 to 28-Apr-2018 (CST)
Department: TMG - MAD
Location: Madison, AL, USA
Employment Type: Full Time