Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Transportation Manager in Huntsville, Alabama
Full Time / Part-Time
TRANSPORTATION MANAGER (HSV-18-0264-W):
Bowhead seeks a Transportation Manager who is responsible for the day to day operations of the installation transportation effort on Redstone Arsenal. Successful candidate(s) will analyze, develop, evaluate and promote improvements in transportation programs
using best industry practices.
Essential functions will include:
• Knowledge and comprehension of problems inherent to traffic management operations and programs, and propose solutions, as required.
• Plan, direct, coordinate, and control traffic operations to provide economical and efficient transportation of freight by common and other carriers, and other transportation carrier services.
• Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning traffic and transportation operations.
• Ability to provide information and reports, resolve issues and recommend actions to improve delivery of services to the customers.
• Ability to gain cooperation in order to coordinate the work of others or as a team player in cohesive team environment.
• Flexibility and capability to adjust work to operational needs and to meet emergency or changing program and/or production requirements.
• Attend meetings, briefings, conferences as required by the customer and employer.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to organize and present briefings to the customer and management.
• Must have strong verbal and written command of English.
• Associates Degree, required. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ of documented supervisory experience in a transportation related field.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, polices, procedures and instruction in DoD air and ground transportation.
• Must have a strong background in Defense Transportation System (DTS), operating within a national transportation system that is fully responsive and globally capable of meeting personnel and materiel movement requirements of the Department of Defense across
the range of military operations.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, procedures and instructions in the areas of personal property, unit movement, materiel movement, and transportation motor pool operations.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY:https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=19900
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41