Jacobs Systems Integration Engineer – SPIE in Huntsville, Alabama
Systems Integration Engineer – SPIE
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To learn more about:
JSEG, visit http://YesWeAreRocketScientists.com
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Provide technical support to the Space Launch System (SLS) Spacecraft/ Payload Integration Evolution (SPIE) Element.
- Provide design, development, qualification, and integration expertise for adapters (structural interface between the SLS vehicle and spacecraft/payloads), separation systems (including pyrotechnic devices), and Integrated S pacecraft an d
Payload Elem ent (ISPE) hardware.
- Provide expertise associated with integrating ISPE hardware with the Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV), Universal Stage Adapter (USA), payload fairings, primary and co-manifested payloads, and secondary payloads. Perform systems
engineering activities pertinent to requirements definition/development, interface definitions, integration, integrated tests, and mission operations. Coordinate and work closely with the Johnson Space Center (JSC)/Orion-MPCV Program and
- Maintain awareness of MSFC Engineering in-house design and fabrication activities, and coordinate with MSFC organizations to ensure production meets SPIE schedules and requirements.
- Develop, trace, verify and validate subsystem requirements leading to flight certification. Participate in the development and maintenance of contract end item specifications for subsystems. Support the planning and conductance of SPIE
milestone reviews to meet NASA requirements.
- Serve as Change Package Engineer (CPE) and represent the SPIE Element in SLS/SPIE Interface Working Groups (WGs), Product Teams, Trade Studies Requirement Development Teams, Document Tabletops and Milestone Reviews.
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 19 years of experience, Masters with at least 23 years of experience, or BS with at least 25 years of experience.
- Systems integration experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Familiarity with NASA human space flight processes and requirements.
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Req ID: AS0002R2