Bevilacqua Research Corporation Systems Engineering Tool Intern in Huntsville, Alabama
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama**incorporated in 1992. BRC provides “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.;
This position will support a NASA MSFC Engineering or Science Directorate.
- Work within a highly integrated team of senior engineers or scientists.
- Be introduced to the processes and then help to provide coordination and integration support related to these tasks.
- As candidate becomes more familiar with the tasks and key players, (s)he can take on additional responsibilities.
As part of the SLS Program, the Main Propulsion Systems Branch (MPS) provides launch vehicles and their liquid engines with propellants and inerts to support flight functions. MPS is one of the most complex and highly integrated system on the launch vehicle and functions include: propellant tank fluid operational and storage performance, pneumatics for MPS and Liquid Engines, liquid engine propellant feed and thermal conditioning, purge supply and cryogenic fluid management for in-space vehicles.
- Develop a system model in a standard Model Based Systems Engineering platform.
- Develop tools to use physics based models to automate system documentation creation.
- Use Excel or other tools to create visual timeline representations.
- Pursuing a BS degree in Engineering, Science, Math, or related technical field from an ABET accredited institution is required. Systems engineering preferred.
- Maintain an overall average of 3.0 - Have demonstrated a very strong aptitude in major field.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Demonstrated familiarity or experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) or MBSE tools.
- MagicDraw and Python experience desired.
- Enterprise Architect experience desired.
- The ability to work well with a diverse and energetic team is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required - comfortable talking with and interacting with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent analytical and math skills, with the ability to handle large collections of data, are required.
- Excellent computer skills are required with experience using Web-based tools for research and accessing data. Some programming experience is desired.
- Excellent research and organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to receive instructions and work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- The candidate must possess a strong interest to understand the coordination, integration, and management of a highly skilled technical team responsible for creating processes and requirements for SLS Main Propulsion Systems.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
Our EEO policy:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Job Code: 18-ESSCA-004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Clearance Required: National Agency Check