Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer-Interface Requirements Development in Huntsville, Alabama
Systems Engineer-Interface Requirements Development
Requisition ID: 18010406
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a leading global provider, manufacturer and integrator of advanced, secure, and agile software-defined systems and solutions. We pioneer technology that saves lives and keeps our nation safe.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Systems Engineering candidates with mid-level experience for the Engineering, Sciences, and Technology (ES&T) Central Region System Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) discipline located in Huntsville, AL. Successful candidates are creative and think “out-of-the-box” to perform end-to-end analysis of mission segments within the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and to expand concepts and capabilities for the BMDS.
• Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to analyze and formulate performance and functional requirements for system-of-system level requirements.
• Work in cross-discipline product teams and routinely interface with group leads, senior management, and government personnel.
• Support teams of 5-8 multi-discipline engineers for short-duration requirements development events.
This position may be filled at Level 3 or Level 4.
Systems Engineer 3 : Five (5) years of experience with Bachelor of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 years of experience with Master of Science; No experience with PhD in STEM discipline
Systems Engineer 4: Nine (9) years of experience with Bachelor of Science in STEM discipline; 7 years of experience with Master of Science in STEM discipline; 4 years of experience with PhD in STEM discipline
• Active Secret clearance
• Understanding of system-of-systems integration within a challenging operational environment
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and capture concepts in papers, presentations, and discussions
• Possess good oral and written communication skills
• Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
• Familiarity with interface specification development
• Familiarity with Information Exchange Requirements (IERs) development
• Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) experience
• Missile Defense Agency (MDA) sensors experience
• Ground-Based Interceptor (GBI) experience
• GMD Communications Network (GCN) modem experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Engineer-Interface Requirements Development
Requisition ID: 18010406