PDS Tech Inc System Engineer-Guidance Navigation and Control in Huntsville, Alabama
PDS is looking for skilled systems engineers in the Huntsville area.
• Develop, prototype, and test estimation and control algorithms in simulation environments
• Write detailed algorithm description documents
• Generate requirements for automatic control and navigation systems
• Work closely with system and software engineers to ensure successful implementation and testing of algorithms
• Support flight test campaigns for unmanned, manned, or optionally piloted aircraft
• Prepare and deliver clear and concise technical presentations to internal and external customers
• A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other bachelor degree in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required.
• US Citizenship or permanent residence is required.
• Strong background in control and estimation theories
• Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink and C programming languages
Preferred skills and experience:
• Advanced degree or related experience in aerospace, mechanical, electrical engineering, or related field
• A solid understanding of aircraft navigation systems
• Background in trajectory planning and optimization algorithms
• Background in image processing
Working knowledge of fixed and rotary wing aircraft dynamics and control
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.