Bevilacqua Research Corporation Software Development Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama**incorporated in 1992. BRC provides “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.;
The key purpose of the position is to plan and perform software development and integration activities in support of the Systems Integration and Test Facility (SITF), Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) Hardware-in-the-Loop facility (HWIL), and multiple Software Development Facilities (SDFs) that will be used to verify the integrated avionics system for the Space Launch System (SLS) at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC).
The Software Development Engineer participates in implementing and maintaining laboratory automation software that controls real-time HWIL simulation systems used to support the NASA Space Launch System program at MSFC. The incumbent collects, interprets and documents system requirements; participates in component, subsystem and system concept designs; develops and recommends methods, tools and designs and participates as a member of a multifunctional laboratory automation development team. Some functions of the position are as follows:
- Perform software systems engineering functions as required.
- Analyze and develop software per customer requirements.
- Implement source code per detailed designs.
- Support software integration troubleshooting and bug-fix activities.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures.
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews.
- Enter or update documentation into appropriate control systems.
- Troubleshoot and correct test automation anomalies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet performance goals.
- Produce documentation and user training materials to assist users in the operation of software.
These activities will be on-going as the launch vehicle architecture matures and the SLS program completes program phases, reviews and schedule milestones.
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field from an ABET accredited institution is required. Typically, educational requirement is a BS with 0 - 5 years of experience.
- Experience in developing software in the Python scripting language is also required.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Developing user interfaces for automated test control and data display in support of formal avionics HWIL test activities.
- Configuration management of distributed computing platforms used during formal avionics HWIL test activities.
- Network communications with TCP and UDP.
- Experience with distributed and clustered file systems with mixed Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Systems engineering disciplines such as hardware and software integration, requirements development, verification and validation, and testing.
Additional desired attributes:
- Proficiency in tools/languages such as Python, Qt, Twisted Network Framework, Windows 7/10, Linux Fedora Core.
- Exposure to tools/languages/standards such as XML, C/C++, Thrift, Stomp, Java, Git, SVN, Trac, Review Board, and Linux batch scripting is desirable.
Our EEO policy:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Code: 18-ESA-004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Clearance Required: National Agency Check