BASF Process Technician in Huntsville, Alabama
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Purpose of the Job
At the BASF Huntsville Site, we make the chemistry and technology used in vehicle catalytic convertors and other environmental products. As part of our team, employees help us conceive, design, implement and validate new equipment, technologies and processes to help make our world's environment cleaner. This position contributes by assisting in developing, improving, testing and troubleshooting manufacturing processes. Process Technicians also provide technical support to the Coating Operations, Targeters, and Production Associates. In addition, this position collects and records data to support process metrics, comply with customer requirements, support site projects, etc., trains, confers, and reports to the Production Control Department.
Safety advocate who is committed to identifying and reducing safety exposures
Ensure the sustainability of the RTC program, by actively participating and leading the completion of projects to drive significant continuous improvements of operational KPIs
Support Coating Operations by troubleshooting slurry rheology issues
Account for slurry dispositioning to minimize PGM losses in the process
Assistance with Global Rheology benchmarking and rheology guideline sustainability
Collaboration with Process Engineering to develop and maintain slurry normalization guide
Prepares, compiles and records production control data and training materials.
Tests process equipment and instruments to observe and record operating characteristics and performance of specified process.
Observes manufacturing processes and recommends modification or change.
Trains, observes and confers with equipment operators to ensure specified techniques are used to troubleshoot the process and to assist operators in achieving optimum equipment operation.
May participate in internal audits and process reviews.
Assists in developing, testing, and implementing new processes and procedures.
Prepares, updates and maintains process documentation.
Must be willing and able to work any assigned shift and mandatory OT as required.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Specialized Training and/or Certification with 5 years of related catalyst manufacturing experience.
• Must possess specialized trade or skill
• Must be self-directed and operate independently, take ownership for results, overcome obstacles and drive change
• Must demonstrate the ability to identify and initiate work projects and can multi-task
• Ability to operate or maintain complex equipment
• Must possess intermediate to advanced computer skills (MS Office and relevant technical software required), including the ability to learn various types of software
• May control confidential/sensitive information
• Must have positive attitude and strong team collaboration skills
• Must communicate with openness, clarity, organizational awareness and empathy to achieve the desired results
• Act to deliver customer value while achieving profitable business results
• Must be able to collaborate with others for achievement; this will be primarily encountered through daily interactions with both internal and external team members
• Collaboration and active participation required in supporting process improvements and small project team activities
Nature and Scope
Work environment/Physical demands
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel as well as to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is frequently is required to stand and sit.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The use of personal protection equipment is required such as hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, and gloves.
• This position is currently a 12 hour position but employees need to be able to work any and all shifts as shift types and scheduling in this role may be subject to change. Incumbents must be able to work assigned overtime as required.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts
Title: Process Technician
Requisition ID: 1800389