Cabela's Boat Sales Lead Consultant in Huntsville, Alabama
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Full-Time Lead Boat Consultant at our Huntsville, AL retail store. Position Overview: Under the supervision of the GSM - Marine gives daily direction to the Boat Sales Consultants to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, customer service activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and insures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers. Meets with potential customers to determine their boating needs. Provide information necessary to allow the customer to make an informed buying decision.
- Supports GSM in achievement of Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals. Provides daily direction to the associates within the Department. Prepares To-do / Task lists & Follow-up appropriately. Insures that all Sales Consultants remain current on & adhere to all selling skills training & direction. Maintains current product knowledge by using available resources, i.e., product brochures, Internet and product information training meetings.
- Assists the GSM / DM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing; training; planning; assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates. Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM / DM and HR Manager.
- Assists the GSM with: coordination of all “Special Events”; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items. Utilizes IDS Prospect Management screens on a daily basis, specifically entering new customers and conducting follow up activities with customers before and after the sale.
- Maintains a clean and professional work area. Follows all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 4+ Years’ Experience
- Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability: Ability to calculate figures such as discounts or percentages and make change to customers is required.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates is required. Must have good phone etiquette.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers is required.
- Ability to operate computer and perform data entry functions is required.
- Prior Marine knowledge is preferred.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family,andemployee discounts.
Auto req ID: 46448BR
Posting Title: Boat Sales Lead Consultant
Department: POWER SPORTS
Location/Division: Huntsville AL - Retail
Req Type: Non-Exempt