Northrop Grumman 2018 UX Interaction Designer 1 Huntsville (Systems) in Huntsville, Alabama
2018 UX Interaction Designer 1 Huntsville (Systems)
Requisition ID: 18000704
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We’re a team collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking entry level UX Designers . This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Huntsville, AL .
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Engineering, Manufacturing and Sciences functional organization which supports a wide range of domains. We are looking for an interaction designer to help solve challenging information visualization and navigation problems for complex systems. The UX Designer is responsible for the visual and interaction design of complex user interfaces for a varite of application and systems. Current projects draw heavily from the visual and interaction design of modern video games and industry best practices. Designers will apply principles and best practices from the fields of interaction design, visual design, user experience and usability engineering to produce optimal designs. The UX designer must communicate design specifications clearly and accurately to customers and software engineers for implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the UX research needed to define the users and their goals
• Translate user requirements into design decisions
• Collaborate with team members through whiteboarding and brainstorming
• Use Illustrator, Axure, or other design tools to create wireframes, visual designs, and interactive prototypes
• Participate in design critiques and take suggestions with grace
• Communicate design decisions based on user needs, customer needs, and design principles
• Validate designs against UX requirements
• Apply existing style guides to new designs
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution.
• Be majoring in graphic design, human computer interaction, computer science, communications, digital communications, web communications, communications art, marketing, fine arts, multimedia design, design computing, information design, or industrial design
• Be proficient in Adobe Illustrator
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have the ability to travel 25%
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
• Understanding of the User Experience Process
• Experience with visual and interaction design
• Knowledge of user-centered design principles
• Experience creating artifacts such as user flows, user stories, task models and experience map
• A portfolio of previous work
• Ability to conduct user research and design exercise, such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, design studios and card sorting.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: 2018 UX Interaction Designer 1 Huntsville (Systems)
Requisition ID: 18000704