Ross Stores, Inc. Retail Associate in Cullman, Alabama
The Retail Associate is responsible for ensuring our customers have a positive shopping experience. The Associate must actively strive to create a customer-focused shopping environment. The Associate welcomes customers with a friendly greeting and eye contact, ensures proper merchandise presentation, operates the cash register in accordance with policies and procedures, maintains a clean work area at all times and treats fellow associates with courtesy and respect. The Associate also provides customer service according to all Ross customer service guidelines. The Associate may be required to work in various store functions including but not limited to Cash Office, Front End, Fitting Room, Stock Room, Fine Jewelry, Customer Service, Markdowns, Recovery/Sizing, Cashiering, Merchandising, etc. The Retail Associate is expected to be engaged in these tasks as assigned during all working hours, and will be expected to perform a range of functions in all areas of the store as business needs require. The Associate may be requested to perform additional tasks in specific situations, if performance of these tasks will help achieve our customer service and operational goals.
- Demonstrates TRUE courtesy, respect, friendliness, and professionalism at all times.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to customers at all times. Understands Customer Service as a number one priority and responds to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all customer issues in a courteous and helpful way, calling a member of the Supervisory Staff when needed.
- Takes accurate markdowns, counts and inventories as scheduled.
- Cross-performs in all assigned areas to ensure that merchandise sizing, ticketing and presentation are to company standards. This includes processing and bringing new receipts to the sales floor using company best practices and meeting productivity standards, merchandising all items to the Salesfloor Presentation Guide and maintaining merchandise/brand name familiarity within departments to assist customers.
- Performs daily recovery and light cleaning tasks to ensure a neat, clean and organized store.
- Assist customers in any way necessary - register-trained, assist customers with merchandise, answers customer questions in a polite and knowledgeable manner. Greets all customers with a smile and "hello" throughout the store as well as saying "thank you" with every register transaction. Processes register transactions following company best practices and meeting productivity standards.
- Understands all Customer Service programs and Best Practices including the primary Ross Focus areas of Great People, Driving Great Contribution, Neat, Clean & Organized, Delivering the Treasure and Fast & Friendly Service.
Loss Prevention (Protection of Company Assets and Safety)
- As a representative of Ross, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with associates and customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information, and merchandise.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and customer contact on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.Understands the Loss Prevention Awareness program, the Shortage Highway and the SPS position.
- Maintains a safe working and shopping environment for Associates and customers. Reports any unsafe conditions or practices to store management; follows company best practices to minimize risk, losses to the company, and/or theft.
- Understands and can implement all emergency procedures for power failure, fire, robbery etc.
- Follows all Mark-Out-of-Stock policies, including the identification of MOS merchandise, proper processing of each piece and the notification of store management to review and approve all disposals.
- Understands all policies and procedures concerning cash, check, charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures. Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling bankable tenders.
- Follows all policies related to associate purchases.
- Follows company scheduling and timekeeping policies and practices.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Action Oriented
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Effectively communicate with customers, associates and Supervisory Staff in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant manner, whether it be in person, by phone or in writing.
- Ability to use all store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to regularly reach above shoulders and overhead
- Ability to repetitively grip, pinch and perform fine manipulation activities with both hands. For example, but not limited to, putting hard tags on and off of merchandise, using hangers, pricing gun and registers and sizing merchandise.
- Ability to regularly push, pull and lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull, lift and carry more than 20 pounds. For example, but not limited to, working with carts of stock, racks of clothing, hard line products.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.
- Associates who work stockroom shifts: Ability to regularly push, pull, lift and carry more than 20 pounds.