Progress Rail Services Corp. U.S. Government Contracts Manager in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 2653BR
Posting Title: U.S. Government Contracts Manager
Job Category: Compliance
Alternative Work Location: Albertville, AL or Chicago, IL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The U.S. Government Contracts Manager supports sales through the identification, mitigation, and resolution of U.S. government contracts and associated risks within the Rail Division in alignment with compliance objectives. The incumbent will not only support all levels of Rail Division personnel, but will also interact with external customers including the U.S. federal government, U.S. state & local government, and transit authorities and their contractors. The Government Contracts manager will also provide guidance in connection with key compliance processes involved in the U.S. Government Contracts tendering process including, RFQ, Negotiation, and Contract Execution.
Key Job Elements
• Review and provide risk analyses on solicitations, proposals, contracts, delivery and purchase orders, and other documentation;
• Partner closely with the commercial, legal and finance teams, and the customer to ensure a clear understanding of, and compliance with, the appropriate regulations and government requirements before and during execution of the contract;
• Support negotiations with customers, suppliers, and regulators;
• Serve as a Rail Division-wide resource in highly specialized government contracts arena;
• Provide guidance to Rail Division managers, supervisors, account and program managers, and others;
• Implement the Rail Division’s controls and procedures in support of the Rail Division’s compliance program;
• Demonstrate leadership and support to leaders in fostering and enhancing a values-based culture;
• Participate in industry and trade association activities to stay abreast of government contracts developments and best practices;
• Provide leadership and coordination across business segments in connection with the implementation of Rail Division’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Compliance Program;
• Be responsible for all regulatory filings and reporting required for contract performance;
• Offer innovative approaches to problem solving and develop solutions to contracting issues in leading all phases of the U.S. Government Contract tendering cycle;
• Actively diligence and review necessary certifications required to maintain the SAM database for applicable PRS business units with input from functional business owners;
• Develop and deliver training, together with Legal Services Division, to relevant stakeholders (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Finance) as it relates to their involvement in the tendering, procurement, and execution phases of U.S. Government Contracts;
• Play an instrumental role in helping PRS further develop a strategy to grow U.S. Government business compliantly;
• Support business and functional stakeholders in the improvement of processes related to government contracting and maintain regular contact with legal departments.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree, preferable in business administration, legal studies, accounting, or finance.
• Master’s degree, preferably in government contracts, legal studies, or business administration.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible job-related experience in multiple areas, preferably with contracts, procurement, legal, compliance, accounting, or finance;
• Solid domain expertise with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), experience with equivalent state, and local government regulations;
• Experience in researching compliance issues, applicable regulations and law, and formulating recommendations to management;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity, and good judgment are required in order to deal with confidential issues, developing and persuading others, and representing the Rail Division before outside parties;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization;
• High degree of personal professional ethics and integrity.
• At least 10 years of experience in a government contracts or a compliance environment;
• Extensive background in two or more of the following areas: government contracts, logistics, transportation, procurement, or compliance within the Caterpillar enterprise;
• Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement, and other grant regulations;
• Broad company knowledge and an understanding of the Rail Division’s products, systems, and compliance program.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities