Progress Rail Services Corp. Freight Specialist in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 2631BR
Posting Title: Freight Specialist
Job Category: Service
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Responsible for managing rail freight accounts with Class I Railroads and Short Lines;
• Problem resolution and follow through for rail freight bills;
• Research invoice variances timely and resolve according to policies and procedures;
• Responsible for providing timely updates to rail freight vendors;
• Manage Finance Charges and report by RR each month;
• Trace private fleet of cars and record turn times;
• Identify and resolve internal processing issues;
• Record internal issues (incorrect billing, etc) and report;
• Maintain good customer service relationships with internal customers and railroad representatives;
• Maintain a database of Rail Freight System users, managers and Prism system users;
• Maintain an Open Shipment Report in Rail Freight System;
• Look for continuous improvement opportunities and efficiency improvements.
Education / Training
• Associate degree or higher preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Basic accounting knowledge is a plus;
• Proficient in 10 key;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word;
• BaaN Software knowledge is a plus but not required;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
• Customer service oriented;
• Detail-oriented / sense of urgency / follow-through;
• Take ownership of rail freight payables;
• Resolve issues quickly with railroads and internal customers;
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities