Progress Rail Services Corp. Burner - Mobile Rail Crew in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 2759BR
Posting Title: Burner - Mobile Rail Crew
Job Category: Hourly/Skilled Trades
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• The successful candidate will work primarily over the road and assist with daily rail cutting functions;
• Capable of performing job duties in a safe and professional manner;
• Must be able to quickly learn how to use a cutting torch to cut sections of the railroad track;
• Must be able to be away from home for 22 days on work schedule and then have 7 days scheduled off;
• Must be able to perform physical work of lifting up to 50 lbs periodically;
• Must be able to work in various weather conditions and perform duties outside, along railroad tracks.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be able to travel and be away from home for 22 days at a time;
• Must be able to operate a cutting torch (or able to quickly learn);
• Must be able to pass a post-offer drug testing program and will be subject to random drug testing.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities